Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

So today I turned 32.  I celebrated by staying in my night gown, and not doing any housework.   I will likely pay for it tomorrow as I will be behind and will have to make up the difference.   

It was a very nice birthday, started off yesterday when I spent the day with my Mum, the boys and Vi.  We had to go to Bangor to have a developmental check up for the boys; they are all on par and doing GREAT!   All 3 are 12lbs and  22 inches (give or take a few ounces and inches are a bit off on each).  Reportedly they have big heads!  * they must get that from their father!   :)   tee hee

PS:  Denny's seems to be a good place to stop, eat and feed babies!   it's not that quiet to start with so most don't seem to mind a little extra noise!   The runabout stroller didn't fit oh so well, but it worked out great... everyone got fed! ** See notes below on how to feed 3 babies, 2 adults and Dennys!

When we got home it was dark and my Mum had to hit the road to head back home so there wasn't much time to relax. She brought up a birthday cake from the basement, Angel food with chocolate icing.  It was good.  She gave me a cook book of one dish recipes... that will come in handy! 

The boys slept only 5 hrs due to the mix up in schedule due to our trip to the big city and the long car drive.  So we were up at 4:45 AM.   My darling husband sent me on a while goose chase to find my birthday gift, took me a few hours and a couple clues to find it!  Thanks darling!     In the 7 years we have been together, he has never been home for my birthday and always comes up with these clever things.  I don't know what it would be like if he were actually home for once?? 

The boys had plans of their own today, very little sleep and lots of poop!  Must be because I used Canned formula yesterday when we were on the road.   (we use Gerber good start Gentle Plus, the powdered stuff you mix with water is fine, but the canned premixed stuff tends to give them diarrhea and REALLY stinky farts!).  SOOOO  it was a lovely day of gas and poop!    Big G even left some of his birthday present on the bumbo seat for me!    Thanks Baby!

So.. that was it.  32 years old.  Just like that; I cut the cake, blew out the candles and made a wish.

Guess what I didn't wish for this year?   






On feeding 3 babies with 2 adults at Dennys:  Using the triplet runabout stroller, 2 babies in the seat, the 'leach co' round pillow we use for propping, and one holding a baby.   My mom fed Big G, I fed Mr. H and Pook.   Heated bottles in hot water from the waitress, then fed them.. rotating who got burped in and out of the stroller.   Voila... done.  While they were in eating phase, I was able to enjoy my slam hot and it was good!. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment