Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Game on... Game off and night time feeds.

The most important thing when you have multiples, I would have to say (aside from Patience) is a good schedule.  I keep the boys on one, but not deemed by the clock, it's 'by the baby' so to speak.  They eat at the same time... so when the first one wakes up to eat they all get woken up and eat at the same time. This works well for us. 

What is happening now is that Because they are sleeping that one long stretch at night, it throws the schedule off, so one night they go to bed at 9-10 and sleep through and the next they sleep from 6pm for the 7 hrs.  So I get one good night of sleep and one shitty one.  Feeding at night isn't too bad though, I bring all my parafanalia upstairs; 3 boppy Pillows, 3 Leach Co bottle prop rings (specified on the package not for propping, but we all know that's what they are for!)  3 'prop buddies' (webkins, they are the perfect shape and size), 3 receiving blankets and a burp pad.  I put it all in an empty laundry basket and bring it upstairs.  That way I am only coming down to get the bottles and head back upstairs.  There is a changing station in their room I use, then feed them in their boppys on my bed.  Then it's swaddled back up and put back into bed, sleepy but awake... then back into the basket goes the goodies.   They 'usually' go right back to sleep ~ So do I!

I only wish I knew how to better regulate their schedule so that they would have their long sleep at the same time.  We are still working on it, experimenting with what works best for us.

We have a great schedule, but it doesn't always work for everyone;  It's routine we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment